Dear Queenie,

  There is this woman where I work who is much older than I am (I’m 21) but we have become good friends. She has a lot of problems in her marriage. Her husband is jealous and domineering and she thinks he cheats on her, but he doesn’t want a divorce and if she moves out he will not let her see their children.

  Queenie, I really care for this woman. Is there any way I can help her?—Worried friend  


Dear Friend,

  Your problem is not the difference in your and your friend’s ages, but the fact that you are still too young to have the experience you would need to give this woman the help she needs.

  The best thing you can do for her is to suggest she seek professional help – counselling, and perhaps a lawyer.